This article tracks an ever-changing list of known issues with HITMAN 3. The list isn't exhaustive, but is intended to make players aware of the issues that are currently tracked by IOI. Sometimes, it's just to let you know that we know. If you think that there is a new bug that we should know about, please report it to us.
HITMAN 3 Known Issues
- Issues that are currently in the latest version of the game.
- Odium Suit missing Sunglasses
We're aware of the missing sunglasses on the Odium Suit when wearing it in-game. And we're investigating this issue.
→ Status: Investigating.
- No access to Envy DLC after purchase on EPIC.
We're aware that some players are experiencing no access to the Envy DLC after purchase on EPIC Game Store, and we're investigating this matter.
→ Status: PARTIALLY FIXED.
We’re investigating and working directly with players that have reported that the HDR implementation isn’t optimal on some setups.
→ Status: Investigating.
- Audio Cut Offs
We’re investigating an issue that can cause the background music to abruptly stop playing during gameplay.
- → Status: Investigating.
- Challenging Challenges
We’re aware of several players having issues unlocking the following challenges: Rent Due and Versatile Assassin
→ Status: Investigating a permanent fix. In the meantime, a possible workaround for the 'Rent Due' challenge is to obtain the VIP Pass *after* fully revealing the "Rent Due" Mission Story.
- Troublesome Trophies
We’re aware of several players having issues unlocking the following trophies/achievements: Ripe for the Picking & Rich Harvest.
→ Status: Investigating. There are potential workarounds for each of the above trophies whilst we work on a permanent fix.
1. Players that are having issues with Ripe for The Picking are advised to ensure that both targets have been killed by gas. The relevant challenge (Secondary Fermentation) for this will unlock when the targets have been affected by gas, and so unlocking that challenge isn't a reliable indicator of having completing the requirements for the trophy/achievement. As this video shows, it is also possible to fail the mission but unlock the trophy/achievement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW-DQjJSqj0&t=1645s
2. Players having issues unlocking Rich Harvest should be aware that there are 4 Mission Stories that are required to unlock this trophy/achievement. The menu will only show 3 Mission Stories because the 4th one cannot be tracked at the start of a mission. The '4th Mission Story' will reveal after a player successfully completes 'The Tour' Mission Story. Once the Tour is shown as completed in-game, an objective icon will appear on a nearby NPC that will lead to the reveal of the 4th Mission Story. This will be in the same room that players should be in when 'The Tour' is completed.
- Issues that were reported as a bug, but are actually intentional. Some 'none issues' may be addressed in the future.
- Next Mission
The ICA Facility location does not show a ‘Next Mission’ tile intentionally, because what players would consider to be the ‘next’ mission will depend entirely on what they own and what they have previously played.
- Missing Mastery
Several players have reported that they don’t see the ‘Mastery progress bars’ in the menu – and that’s not a bug, it’s an intentional part of our UI design. We adjust the UI depending on the device that you’re playing on to give the best experience. For example, the mastery progress bars are intentionally not visible on Switch or when playing Stadia on a mobile phone.
- Black Mirrors
The mirrors in Alexa Carlisle’s office (Dartmoor) are displayed as black, when playing in VR and when viewed from a distance. This is intentional to maintain a high level of performance.
- Shoulder Camera
HITMAN 3 does not currently allow players to toggle the shoulder camera. This was intentionally changed to only be possible when in combat. Player feedback on this change is noted.
- White Shadow Ninja
The “White Shadow” suit (Deluxe Pack unlock) is intentionally set up to be treated as a ‘ninja’ in Hokkaido. All ‘ninja rules’ that apply to the other Ninja outfit will apply to the White Shadow. The Futo Suit (IOI Account unlock) is an exception here and is treated as a ‘regular, non-ninja’ suit
Please refer to the HITMAN 3 Patch Notes archive for a list of issues that have been addressed.