To celebrate the launch of the brand-new Elusive Target ‘The Drop’, World of Assassination players will now be able to earn Twitch Drop rewards from watching their favorite HITMAN streamers. Keep reading for information on how to receive Twitch Drops, and how to enable Drops for your Stream.
HOW TO EARN & CLAIM TWITCH DROPS
Twitch Drops are simple to earn, but there are a few steps you need to follow to make sure you are earning rewards.
- Link your Twitch Account to your IOI Account. You can do this at https://account.ioi.dk/. Simply click on Account Settings – Linked Accounts – Manage
- Ensure that your IOI Account is linked to the platform that you own HITMAN World of Assassination on, and the platform that you wish to own the Drop reward on.
- Keep track of your progress toward reward milestones by visiting the Twitch Drops Inventory Page. You can also access this page via the “Drops” link in your user profile dropdown on Twitch.
- Watch any Drops-enabled Twitch Stream in the Hitman World of Assassination category during a reward campaign.
- Watch the stream until you reach 100% progress on the drop.
- When progress is complete, you will be prompted to claim your drop via Twitch chat or by visiting the Twitch Drops Inventory Page. You must claim the drop on Twitch before it will unlock in-game.
- After claiming the drop from your Twitch inventory, it will unlock your rewards in-game!
You can read more about IOI Account here - which also will grant you our IOI Anniversary Suit and Comic Book.
HOW TO ACTIVATE TWITCH DROPS FOR YOUR STREAM
If you are a Twitch streamer who would like to have drops active for your stream, the process is easy!
- Make sure your Twitch and IOI accounts are linked. Streamers who do not have linked accounts will be unable to activate drops on their channel.
- Visit your Creator Dashboard on Twitch and open the Drops tab.
- Toggle the option that says “Enable Drops”
- Stream HITMAN World of Assassination! If you have drops enabled from your creator dashboard, reward earnings via Twitch Drops should automatically turn on for your stream any time you are streaming to the HITMAN World of Assassination category.
Just remember that if you switch to streaming a different game, viewers will stop earning progress toward their rewards milestones. Viewers are also unable to earn points for reruns of past HITMAN World of Assassination streams.
TWITCH DROP TROUBLESHOOTING & FAQ
- Do I need to have my accounts linked to earn Twitch Drops?
- Yes, your IOI and Twitch accounts must be linked to redeem your rewards. If you have not linked your accounts yet, Twitch will prompt you to link before you can claim a reward. You can visit https://account.ioi.dk/ to link your accounts.
- I’ve earned drops on Twitch. Where do I go to claim them?
- Visit the Twitch Drops Inventory Page to redeem any reward milestones you reach by watching HITMAN streams.
- Do I need to watch HITMAN streams consecutively to earn the Drop reward?
- You do not have to watch consecutively! Twitch will save your progress toward each reward milestone, so you can leave the stream and come back later in the day to continue progressing toward your reward.
- I have the Twitch stream open, but I am not progressing toward my rewards. What should I do?
- If you’re watching a Twitch Stream with Twitch Drops enabled but aren’t getting progress, please use the following troubleshooting steps to try and fix the issue:
- Make sure you don’t have the stream muted or minimized. When you mute or minimize streams, Twitch will stop counting you as an active viewer and will pause your progress toward a reward milestone.
- Make sure you’re set to appear as “Online” on Twitch.
- Log out of Twitch, clear your cache, refresh the page, and log back in.
- I redeemed a reward milestone in Twitch, but I don’t have it in-game. What should I do?
- Sometimes it can take a few hours for a claimed reward to appear for you in-game. Closing and opening your HITMAN client may help your reward pop faster.